Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Spring Break

I was suppose to work today and didn't feel like it. I often do that, I'm suppose to work 10 hours a week. Most of the time I work about 3 or 4 but always put down 10 on my time card. I do feel a little guilty about it and every week I mean to actually work the 10-then it never happens. I've been on this cycle for awhile. If my boss is coming into town, I get my stores (I'm a merchandiser) looking perfect but that isn't often.
So I went to IKEA with my mom and the kids. Why do I do that to myself? She annoys me so, I keep thinking I'll do something and then it will be all better. Today she was out of breathe after leaving the store (sweating, breathing heavy, etc). I keep trying to get her to do something to get healthier but she just doesn't get it. On the way home she is sitting in the passenger seat and I'm driving. She announces to me that I need to wax my upper lip. I said, in absolute shock, "Oh my god, you are so rude". She never apologized whatsoever. Just kept saying "well, I never noticed it before." Like that's going to make it OK.
My girl is staying the night across the street with her friend. Her friend has been away on vacation and she is very excited to she her. My oldest is desperately trying to find someone to stay the night. I feel bad for him, most of his friends are out of town or have plans with other friends. I'm also a little worried. He's at a new school (moved up from grade school to middle school) this year but hasn't seem to have made new friends yet. I think it's great to keep the old but new ones are great too! I need to not worry about them. Alot of times I think that maybe it's my insecurities from my youth. You know, if someone is too desperate to be the cool kid and it makes them the most uncool kid?
Hubby is home tomorrow. We need to talk more when he is gone. I'm sure we'll figure out a rhythm to this traveling. Maybe I'll google some sort on online support group. Or I'll just keep blogging here, it's quite helpful!

No comments: