Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday

Ahhhh...hubby is home. I have a hard time sleeping the first night he is home. I woke at 5 am and tried to get back to sleep. Finally gave up and came downstairs and watched whatever was on the TIVO list.
Hubby needed a new pair of shoes and introduced him to DSW. He went up and down those aisles trying on shoes left and right. He needed plain black comfy shoes for work but kept looking at these funky (not so straight man) shoes. My husband is awesome. He's got a straight man's libido and a gay man's shopping ability. Now if I could just work on his decorating skills and get him to come with me for a facial and pedi, I'd have THE IDEAL HUSBAND! You know how people will joke that one guy is their husband and their gay friend is their gay husband? I'll have mine all in one!
DSW also served as a teaching lesson for my daughter. She has inherited my love for shoes and handbags (apologies to future son-in-law). She has not been able to figure our percentages at school. She found a pair of shoes in the clearance section. Each color of sticker symbolizes the amount of discount for that shoe. She found a silver pair she wanted and I told her she could have them if she figured out what $49.54 minus 70% was-she owns the shoes. She figured it out in like 2 minutes! She is only 10, so I'm a proud momma!
She asked me a couple of days ago if she could get her eyebrows waxed. She thinks her eyebrows are too bushy (they were fine). But remembering that age and my mom's resistance to me wanting those very same things, I said OK. I took her to a nice Aveda salon and had them done. Given my mom's rude comment on Thursday, I got my eyebrows and upper lip done as well. She barely flinched when she had it done. We walked out hand in hand with our matching red skinned eyebrows. My daughter is hands down one of the most beautiful girls you would ever see. Now, with the eyebrows done, it really shows off her gorgeous eyes. I'm in so much trouble some time (I hope not too soon!) in the future.

No comments: