Monday, March 30, 2009

Husband gone...again

My husband left again this morning. Stupidly, I had caffeine at 6 pm last night and couldn't get to sleep. Even after a great send off to my husband. He left at 5 am and I couldn't get back to sleep. I'm tired!
Last night he was saying prayers and singing songs for the littlest one to go to sleep. He kept hugging hubby and not wanting to let go. He was extra clingy. I came in to do my part of the night ritual and saw tears in my husband's eyes. I'd never seen him affected by his traveling. I think this many weeks in a row is getting to him now. He is seeing how much the kids are changing while he is away. I try my hardest to not make him feel bad about being away. He is doing what he knows best to provide for his family. He is finally in a job that he loves. How many people can say that?
We won't know for a long time if we've made the right decisions for our family. It feels right, but there is definitely a sacrifice of time. He, or course, makes quite a bit more money with this job. Plus there are the benefit of airline miles, hotel points, etc. Our family time may not be able to be measured highly in quantity but we do strive for it to measure highly in quality. We'll be able to afford family vacations and special times for our children to remember.
When I saw my husband's tears, I also cried. He left the room and I followed and tried to comfort him. I hope he feels better today. My husband is, by far, the sweetest man I have ever met but I haven't seen him cry for so long. It just really got me.

No comments: